Ben Franks (Sole Trader): Ben Franks Wine
The following Terms & Conditions apply to all tastings, goods, consultations, events and other services provided by Ben Franks under the trading name Ben Franks Wine.
All goods and/or services are supplied by Ben Franks on the understanding that you have agreed to abide by these Terms & Conditions.
The customer/client/consumer/business accepting services and goods from Ben Franks Wine will be referred to as “you” in these Terms & Conditions.
Acceptance of Service
- When you “Checkout” with a product or service through benfrankswine.com you acknowledge and accept the Terms & Conditions as detailed here.
- On enquiry about a service, Ben Franks may provide you with a written estimate either by post or email. When you agree to this estimate in writing or by paying a deposit to Ben Franks, you accept the Terms & Conditions of service as detailed here.
- Whether you are acting as a business or as a consumer, the fees for each consultation service will be issued to you in a written estimate from Ben Franks following your enquiry. You must confirm this estimate in writing for the work to begin.
- All consultation services require you to pay a non-refundable deposit equal to 25% of the written estimate to cover the initial cost of wine, labour and any other materials to begin the consultation service. This deposit will be deducted from the balance of your final bill.
- The written estimate is an estimate. If the work required is likely to go above and beyond the original written estimate, Ben Franks will notify you in advance and give you the decision whether you would like the work to continue.
When you book online:
- When you book a private wine tasting or stag and hen party wine tasting through benfrankswine.com, you will need to pay a deposit equal to the full amount as quoted on the website. This deposit is refundable if you choose to cancel 28 days or more prior to the event.
- Any further costs for venue hire, travel, or other, will be sent to you in a written estimate by post or by email. These costs will be payable by you to Ben Franks at least 28 days prior to the date of the event.
When you book via enquiry:
- When you enquire about a private wine tasting, Ben Franks will issue you with a quote for the event including any venue hire or travel costs, if these are applicable.
- You will be required to pay a deposit equal to the cost of the private wine tasting for the minimum party size (6 people for private wine tastings, 10 people for stag and hen party wine tastings) to secure the date, time and venue of your wine tasting.
- This deposit is fully refundable if you cancel 28 days or more prior to the event.
- Any outstanding balance owed to Ben Franks for your wine tasting event must be paid in full at least 28 days prior to the date of your event, including for venue hire and travel costs.
You will only have to pay Ben Franks’ travel costs if you live outside of the Bath area. Please get in touch to find out if you are exempt from travel costs before you make your booking.
All other goods and/or services will have an advertised fee at time of order or be issued in a written estimate upon your enquiry. This is the price of the goods and/or services advertised.
Postage and packaging of Goods:
Ben Franks ships to the UK and Ireland only. UK shipping is charged at the flat-rate of £4.95 per order (first class, signed for). Ireland shipping is charged at the flat-rate of £16.99 per order (International standard rate). Please allow up to 3 working days for your order to be processed and delivered for UK orders, and up to 7 working days for orders to Ireland. These costs exclude gift vouchers, which are shipped anywhere in the world at the flat-rate of 45p per order.
You will be issued an invoice for the full balance for the consultancy work, minus the deposit, once the service has been completed. This balance is to be paid to Ben Franks within 30 days of receipt of invoice. Accounts which remain outstanding for 30 days after the date of invoice may incur an extra charge of 5% plus the Bank of England base rate per month of the outstanding amount.
Payments may be made by BACS, cheque, or previously agreed electronic funds transfer.
Wine Tasting Events:
To pay for your wine tasting event, please abide by the Terms & Conditions as outlined in the ‘Service Fees’ section. When you pay online, you will be redirected to complete your payment safely and securely through PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account to complete this payment process as long as you have a Debit or Credit Card.
When you pay for your event via enquiry, your payment may be made by BACS, cheque, or previously agreed electronic funds transfer.
No Debit or Credit Card details are stored on benfrankswine.com.
Any payments for online advertising, public wine tasting bookings, and any goods/services purchased via the online shop are all taken safely and securely through PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account to complete this payment process as long as you have a Debit or Credit Card.
Refusal of Payment
Should you refuse payment as per these Terms & Conditions, you agree to pay Ben Franks reasonable legal expenses and third party collection agency fees in the enforcement of these Terms.
Returned cheques will incur an additional fee of £50 per returned cheque.
Tickets Policy (Public wine tastings, etc. – excludes Private Tastings)
All tickets to public events must be purchased through the online booking system, unless you expressly agree in writing with Ben Franks in advance of the event. All tickets are non-refundable.
Unforeseen Inability to Attend a Booked Event:
If you cannot attend an event you have already booked on to for any reason, you may exchange it for a ticket to a wine tasting event at a later date up to the same value of the ticket purchased. Any difference in value is non-refundable, and a ticket cannot be exchanged for a higher value event.
Ben Franks Cancellation:
In the unlikely event that Ben Franks cancels the ticketed event, all tickets will be refunded in full.
In the unlikely event you find that goods ordered from the online shop are not to the standard you expected, the goods may be returned. You will be liable to pay for the return postage and packaging. If the goods are proved to be faulty, you will receive a refund in full for the value of the goods purchased. You must retain proof of purchase.
Cancellation & Alterations (Services)
Cancellation of services must be made in writing by you and as soon as possible after agreeing to the written estimate.
Any tasting event cancelled at more than 28 days notice will receive a full refund of the deposit paid. In the event that you cancel a wine tasting event less than 28 days before the tasting event, you forfeit the full deposit and any other balances paid for the event. However, if you wish to move the date of the wine tasting then notice must be given in writing 14 days prior to the original booked date. Any alteration of the date later than 14 days prior will incur a £40 administration fee. Tastings cannot be rearranged at less than a week’s notice.
In the event that you cancel a consultation service before work has commenced, the full 25% deposit will be refunded minus a £40 administration fee. If work has commenced, you forfeit the full deposit and will additionally be invoiced for all work completed over and above the value of the deposit.
Any balance of monies due must be paid within 30 days of receipt of invoice. Please note that any cancellation or alteration not made in writing, by post or by email, will be liable for the full estimated cost of the service.
Ben Franks reserves the right to cancel any of these services with written notice.
Ben Franks holds Public Liability Insurance.
Copyrights and Trademarks
Any data, tasting notes or other text supplied and/or written by Ben Franks remain the property of Ben Franks and must not be distributed without prior permission from its author.
Rights of Refusal
Ben Franks reserves the right to refuse services to you at his own discretion.
You must be aged 18 or over by UK law.
Gift vouchers purchased by a Client are redeemable against any tasting event or service. However, gift vouchers cannot be redeemed against physical goods advertised in the online Shop. All gift vouchers can be purchased in denominations of £25 and are valid for 6 months. These gift vouchers are not downloadable and require your address for postage. Postage costs 45p and is available worldwide.
You are liable for any damage to property or person during the duration of services. All public venues hiring Ben Franks for a tasting must also have public liability insurance.
- Arrival, set up and duration
Ben Franks should be allowed access to the Venue at least 15 minutes’ before an event starts in order to set up his materials. If access is not granted then Ben Franks is not liable for any lateness in proceedings. The duration of the event or consultation service will be billed at either an agreed charge per head, one-off charge or at an hourly rate. In the event of a no-show, you will be charged for the full written estimate.
In the event that you are unsatisfied with the goods and/or services Ben Franks offers, you must first make Ben Franks aware of their complaint. Every reasonable effort will be made by Ben Franks to ensure you are satisfied.
Ben Franks makes no warranties of any kind, express or implied, for any and all goods and/or services that it supplies. Ben Franks will not be held responsible for any and all damages resulting from products and/or services it supplies. Ben Franks is not responsible for any loss, or consequential loss of data, or non-delivery of products or services, of whatever cause.
While we take reasonable steps to investigate the materials we recommend and supply, we accept no responsibility for the performance or quality of materials or any consequential loss arising from their failure. The customer agrees not to hold Ben Franks responsible for any such loss or damage. Any claim against Ben Franks shall be limited to the relevant fee(s) paid by the you.
Ben Franks reserves the right to use the services of sub-contractors, agents and suppliers and any work, content, services and usage is bound by their Terms & Conditions. Ben Franks will not knowingly perform any actions to contravene these and the client also agrees to be so bound.
These Terms and Conditions supersede any previous Terms and Conditions distributed in any form. Ben Franks reserves the right to change any rates and any of the Terms and Conditions at any time and without prior notice.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
The placement of an order for any services, goods or other merchandise offered by Ben Franks and validated by your acknowledgement of the terms, constitutes acceptance of the estimate, value or quotation of goods and/or services and agreement to comply fully with all the Terms & Conditions.